Sunday, September 14, 2014

Vibrant London (Part 1)

Being in a vibrant city with so much to do, I had to prioritze my four days there and these were the TOP 10 things i chose to do!

1. Live in a Townhouse
Inspired by the movies Notting Hill and Love Actually set in London, I decided that this time around I had to experience living in one of the townhouses and we managed to find the W14 Hotel located in the trendy Kensington area. (Nearest tube stop: Baron's Court)



It was a simple set up with spacious rooms, an affordable price per night. I loved the experience of living in a London neighbourhood, walking past these gorgeous houses.


2. London Shopping
Being the mother of street fashion, the British has many street-wear labels of their own. My favourite being Topshop. Just had to take a trip to the store as fashion has always been a big part of my life. 


This was the extended summer of 2011 featuring the fall collection. Some passer-bys commented that the window display mannequins scared them quite a bit but i thought it was a pretty cool way of playing with mirrors. 
The awesome thing about the main flagship store of Topshop at Oxford Circus is the candy and cupcake counters inside.


I couldn't resist.

If you are into luxury brands, Old Bond Street would be the place to go where all the individual boutiques are located at.

I treated myself with a little gift and i have to say the service at the Prada boutique was faultless.

Besides Oxford Street, the two other iconic stores i always love going to in London are Harrods and Selfridges.


Inside Harrods.

Egyptian astrology on the ceiling. Awesome!


The memorial can be found on the basement of the Harrod's store, honouring one of the world's leading ladies.

3. Tate Modern Museum
Thr British having a culture of arts and knowledge advocates that through their numerous museums and theatres in London. Inclinced towards arts, i veered towards visiting the Tate Modern Museum over the other museums which showcases forms of modern art. This time around, there was not an exhibition I particularly liked- sadly.






4. Chinatown
Being Asian, having my staple of rice and rich flavours is always comforting to me. I had to take a trip down to Chinatown for my mandatory chinese meal fix. For a mere five pounds, a dish is surely to fill you up. 


5. Watch a musical
One can never get bored with the numerous musicals showing in the different theatres across this city every night. 
On my last two trips to London, i caught the musicals "Starlight Express" and "We will rock you" and this time round, i managed to catch Wicked, and it was wickedly good indeed! We got our tickets from counters at Leicester Square and you can usually pick up pretty good seats on the day itself at discounted prices.




Pretty good seats for a 20 pounds ticket!


It was wickedly good!!

TBC.... 

pics taken with a Panasonic Lumix camera

No comments:

Post a Comment