Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Hong Kong Top 10 To Dos ! #1

#1: Wong Tai Sin Temple 

In the shadows of gleaming glass and steel skyscrapers, thrive temples heavily laden with thick incense smoke. 
Beyond all that outward modernisation, Hong Kong is still deep seated in its cultural roots. Religion being one still widely practised by the locals. The Wong Tai Sin temple is a popular one with the locals renowned for having devotees' prayers answered. 


































































































































































My first visit to the temple and I was way too curious. I had to have my fortune told. Having used one of the fortune tossing tool, with a question in mind, I started jossing the container with sticks. Fairly quickly, a stick fell out of the bundle, that very stick is the clue to my fortune (or even future) ! We adjourned to the adjacent building where fortune tellers lined the passageway in small shops awaiting eager fortune seekers. I never really took much to such fortune tellers being a believer that one creates his own destiny. However, the reading was insightful for a mere HK $25. Worth a try for a fortune telling experience !



Pics taken with a Panasonic Lumix and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Camera


No comments:

Post a Comment